Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I am............. (a poem)





I am the snake keeper.

I am alone in my world.

I am the one that many want but none need.

I am a man who enjoys his own company but still longs for human contact.

I am popular among my small but enthusiastic circle of friends

I am happy for people to enquire about my world.

I am a man who adores his small but loving family, and I hold onto them with all my might because I want to create a better life for them than I had.

I am most comfortable when i'm at home, hidden away from the world.

I am a man who is forced to live life at a fast pace but longs for a time when he can slow down and watch the world go by.

I am fiercely protective of my family and I would die for them without hesitation.

I am a man who enjoys being able to look out upon the world from a safe and secure place and I like to be separated from the outside world when i'm at home.
I am a man who loves his family and I feel a need to 'protect' them from the harsh world outside.
I am forgiven by my family for marrying someone for love and not to further my social standing.
I am someone who rarely leaves this city. I feel at home here and I appreciate all this things that city life can offer.
I am a man who struggles undestand technology, but can appreciate all it can offer.
I am a man with an unusual passion and I am keen to educate anyone that enquires why I am so passionate.
I am someone who longs for a simpler time.

I am content.......

or am I.............Mistaken?

No comments: